• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendations for wall mounts for LG65G6V?

jnoble100

Novice Member
Hi all.

I've got a lovely LG65G6V coming soon and looking to wall mount it fixed on the wall and as close to the wall as possible. Looking for recommendations on the best brackets.

We've got a SANDSTROM SFLEZ14 Flat to Wall Mount ready to use but the reviews aren't great for it.

SANUS VLL5-B2 looks good - and several people have recommended it.

Have a professional installer coming to do it - far beyond my capabilities!

Suggestions? Best mount? Any you guys have used?

Have seen some threads where mounts have had to be sawn off at the bottom to stop them showing under the TV - which we won't want.

Thanks

Jason

daveh48

Prominent Member
Do a search on Amazon or eBay for 65" VESA wall mounts and just choose if you want static or one that tilts as any of them will be okay.

I bought a basic one for about £15 and it's fine. It came with all the fixings including spacers so no need to saw or drill holes in the brackets.

If you can put a shelf up then you can do the job yourself but you will need two people.

No need to spend a fortune.

daveh48

Prominent Member
It was something like this one from Amazon....

Sunydeal TV Bracket Wall Mount for 22 26 28 30 32 37 39: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

.....but pretty much any type will do the trick - I bought a static as I had no need for it to tilt.

You will need at least two people to do it safely and make sure all leads are connected before mounting it - the side HDMI leads are easy enough but the Optical and Ethernet cables, if you will be using them, are a bugger to connect once the TV is on the wall. We sat the TV on a chair, connected the cables and then hooked it onto the wall plate :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom