1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations For Video Leads & Suppliers

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by The Boogerman, Jan 20, 2002.

1. The Boogerman

The Boogerman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm gradually ploughing my way through all the information related to buying my first projector. Due to budget, size of room etc I'm looking at an LCD projector (the forthcoming Panasonic being current favourite), but would appreciate some cabling advice. My understanding (please correct me if wrong) is that the best connections would be component (3 RCA) then S-Video and finally composite. Where would the PC VGA style connector sit? A quick (hour long) internet search for suppliers etc has been pretty fruitless, I've found a few sites, but some feedback and recommendations from those who have been through this before would be appreciated.

Just spotted that some of this may duplicate some of Johnny1973's threads - oops.

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been doing the same search and I'm also hoping to buy a panny.

I've just ordered an Ixos 117AV 3xRCA component video cable from Techtronics. 34 GBP excluding VAT and delivery (6 GBP).

http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/653-ixos-rca-phono-rgb.html

http://www.ixos.co.uk

To be honest, I'd been struggling to find anywhere else that sold component video cables. My usual supplier www.hifibitz.co.uk didn't have any on their site.

As far as I am aware, VGA connections are on a par with RGB.

Cheers,

Jonny

3. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: