Recommendations for TV installations?

LR2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm from Nottingham and I'm struggling to mount a tv to a dot and dab wall. Could anyone give me some recommendations of companies to go to please?

Hi I am from Nottingham as well with the same issue. We want to mount a tv to a wall then realised there is 150mm thick insulation between the brick wall and the plasterboard. It is still possible to wall mount a heavy tv on this wall? If yes where can I find such long and strong screws?

Hi I am from Nottingham as well with the same issue. We want to mount a tv to a wall then realised there is 150mm thick insulation between the brick wall and the plasterboard. It is still possible to wall mount a heavy tv on this wall? If yes where can I find such long and strong screws?
That is so strange!! I have found out I have the exact same problem I have a gap that ranges from 80mm to about 150mm too depending on where you drill. I found some wall anchor solutions but I don’t trust to fit it myself

I tried practically all known conventional fixings but haven’t looked back since I used Dryline Pro or Corefix. Simply amazing strength and very reliable.

trying to post a link which doesn’t look like an advert.
Bought dry line pro, plugs are too short
100mm corefix might do the job but only 10 - 20mm would actually be in brick

How did they hold up? The fixings looks strange.
These fixings spread the load wider than any others I could find. 29kg TV is still hanging on the wall, tilting forward 15 degrees. I do have two screws in a stud too though.

These fixings spread the load wider than any others I could find. 29kg TV is still hanging on the wall, tilting forward 15 degrees. I do have two screws in a stud too though.
Yeah that's the problem I have no studs at all

I've used corefix and Grip-it for plasterboard.

Corefix are great but only suitable for up to a 25mm gap between the board and brick. Grip-it are strong and will likely hold a modern lightweight TV up no problem if you spread them out and don't have the screen angled too far into the room.

However with such a large gap I'd be cutting a section of the plasterboard and insulation out then building up a solid anchor point from wood on the brick.

It isn't as daunting as it sounds and can be finished over with a plaster skim and paint if you need to bother about cosmetics behind the TV.

Or you could use a simple flat TV mounting bracket held to the plasterboard with Grip-it fixings and a few threaded bars anchored into the brick chemically and then a big washer and nut on the tv side of the bracket. Trouble is, by the time you've done this, you might as well just cut the plasterboard and do it properly.

I would consider removing some of the plasterboard mounting a piece of timber to the brick wall itself - reinstating the plasterboard and then mounting the tv bracket to the timber instead so you know it'll be nice and secure!

Shouldn't take more than a few hours to do and if you cut out the plaster neatly you should just be able to make it good with some polyfiller.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom