• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendations for sub £300 camcorder?

rsmarsha

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'm new to the camcorder market so thought I'd ask a question of all the experts here. ;)

I'm looking for a sub £300 compact camcorder, preferably with SDHC for recording onto.

I'd ideally like HD resolution and decent stills. I'm aware this limits the options a bit for my price range so other none HD options welcomed, as are any tips and info on what's needed and what's not.

I've seen some around such as the Samsung HMX-R10BP, Toshiba Camileo H20 and Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10. I'd like your thoughts on those and any suggestions on alternative (none HD) options such as the Canon Legria FS200, Samsung SMX-K40 or Samsung VP-MX20.

There is also the option of a compact digital stills camera like the following, which records video with sound at 720p.

Samsung WB500

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom