Recommendations for staying in Normandy please

mikejjj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all, i will be visiting Normandy this June for two weeks, the first will be for the D Day anniversary and accommodation is all sorted, the second i have yet to decide and have yet to book anywhere, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels (not to expensive) or even a place for the week to use as a base for exploring? ideally i would like to have a look to the north or south west of Bayeux, any nice coastal towns harbours etc, anyone been to Falaise or any other WW2 areas of interest ? bit of a military theme going on here. May be either travelling by car or motorbike not decided that yet either lol...
Cheers
Mike.

Cheers for the reply Craig, The link you supplied looks good. What's in Falaise and Honfleur then? also got three nights in Deauville the first week and have no idea what there is to see there either lol, i'm a big WW2 fan if that's the correct term, my daughter booked this lot as a Xmas present but i have so busy up to now i havn't had time to look into it. I would like to have a look around the museums and war cemeteries, any ideas where the main ones are?

Falaise has a castle with a great tour (English MP3 players) where William the Conqueor was from. Honfleur is an old medieval town with market and old church with a lovely harbour. Deauville has some lovely buildings and is very upmarket. A stroll down the wooden promenade is good.
There are also a number of war cemeteries that are well worth a visit- quite humbling and exceptionally well looked after.
try these links

D-day museums and war cemeteries - Landing beaches, WW2 Memorials - Omaha, Utah, Arromanches, Caen - Normandy Tourism, France
Normandy Museums - D Day Museums
D-day Museum - Arromanches

and don't forget to try the sea food and calvados

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom