• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Recommendations for Spotify Premium speaker please

nf2011

Novice Member
I have just signed up to Spotify Premium and am interested in streaming to a wireless speaker, nothing too fancy just yet - listening to music in a fairly small environment.

My knowledge of such has been gained through WhatHiFi and have come to the conclusion that the best options are:

Sonos Play1 (£165)
KEF Muo (£300)
Monitor Audio Airstream s300 (£250)

Does anyone have an opinion on these (or others)? My budget could extend to £400.
Should the presence of Spotify Connect on a device sway my decision (if so, why)?

Thank you.

nicka099

Sonos does NOT use the Spotify app but integrates certain Spotify functions into their own app.
Unless you are going down the multiroom option I would probably avoid it for Spotify as there are less features than via other speakers that all (apart from Sonos) use the Spotify Connect protocol where you control the speaker through the Spotify app.

Consider also Denon Heos, NOCS NS2, LG Flow or Samsung new R series.

However, if you can live with the limitations of the app, the brand new Sonos Play 5 (2nd generation) will probably blow all the others away @ £429.

larkone

Distinguished Member
Any powered/active speaker setup with a Chromecast Audio plugged in will work and the sound quality, especially if you can use the digital output from the Chromecast, will be good. Easier to control as well using casting from any phone/tablet/pc.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom