Recommendations for quiet MCE PC cases

StuckInTheMud

Standard Member
I'm looking for some recommendations on MCE PC cases.

My biggest concern is the noise output, so suggestions as to those which keep the noise to a minimum would be ideal.

After something with display and a window for the IR receiver (so there is no external pod needed).

Also, suggestions on how to keep the PSU and CPU fan noise down would be welcome

Thanks.

Jim

Media-Man

Novice Member
Silverstone LC16m
or the Zalman HD160 (which are new and have just arrived) will do that.
Both are large cases, but both fulfill the requirements of internal IR/REciever and with the rigth components potentially silent operation

M

monopole

I use an Antec Sonata* with a fanless PSU. The only fan in the system is the CPU cooling fan - a Zalman somethingorother with a manual fan speed controler set to its lowest setting. With an Athlon 64 CPU, the system is silent and runs at a cool 40C.

* in order to avoid using a case fan, I have the PC running with the left side of the case removed. Since the PC is in a corner, you don't see that side of the case.

stuartmc

Standard Member
Also worth looking at the OrigenAE cases. The internal IR is fully MCE compatible and works with both the MCE Remote and the MCE Remote keyboard which some others don't.

R

rosco99

StuckInTheMud said:
Jim
If you want a horizontal case have a look at the Antec Overture. It has a quiet power supply and large case fans. I have the Soundgraph imon remote in one of the floppy spaces. You can also get the VFD display if you wish. The iMon remote will emulate the MCE.
This case takes a full AT board so you have plenty of slots. I chose the Radeon 9550 card as it has plenty of capacity for HD digital display and has a heat sink instead of a fan. I also added a Zalman AL-CU cooler for the CPU. The only perceptible noise I have is during start up when I hear the HDD. Apart from that it is certainly quiet enough for the lounge room.
Ross

R

ruckus

StuckInTheMud said:

My biggest concern is the noise output, so suggestions as to those which keep the noise to a minimum would be ideal.

After something with display and a window for the IR receiver (so there is no external pod needed).

Also, suggestions on how to keep the PSU and CPU fan noise down would be welcome

Thanks.

Jim

'mCubed' not cheap but has a 100% Passive cooling system that works.:smashin:

Had mine about a month and i love it. Quite big though...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom