Question Recommendations for professional installer near Milton Keynes

timaldridge8

We are moving into a new build property on 1 Dec and would like to have our LG 55 GX television mounted on the wall in the living room.

Directly underneath the TV at socket level is a media plate which has a single CAT6 socket and 3 plug sockets on it. Ideally we would like this moved to behind the TV in a recessed wall box (LG GX's wall mount sits completely flush to the wall with no space behind) but open to suggestions.

The TV sound will come via eARC and be connected to a Sonos AMP (newer model), which is in turn connected to 2 satellite speakers (Monitor Audio Apex 10s). No subwoofer at present.

We would like to either have the AMP in a cupboard under the TV (which the two speakers sit on top of), or have everything located in the cupboard under the stairs opposite the television (see floor plan). I guess this scenario would require the running of a few optical HDMI cables back to the cupboard as well as some audio cable. HDMI over CAT6 solution I think would some out over budget.

At the moment we have no HDMI devices other than the Sonos AMP to connect to the TV, but I do have a Nvidia Shield which I may use in future if not happy with the Smart TV features.

The walls will be British Gypsum (metal studs) and be insulated. There would be the option to complete the work prior to flooring being installed (concrete floor), not sure if this makes cable runs any easier.

Does anybody have any quality installers they could recommend? By nature I’m a bit of a perfectionist so although I know I could do a reasonable job myself, I’d rather pay to have a professional do it perfectly.

Based near Milton Keynes in Winslow, Bucks.

gibbsy

@Seriously Ltd I know he's somewhere the wrong side of Offa's Dyke.:)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom