Question Recommendations for music system that can also stream audio

Krytie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recommendations for music system that can also stream audio

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on the best way to improve the music system at my workplace which is a small amusement park. We have two separate outdoor areas that have background music playing, currently via separate systems:

Location 1 has a cheap mini system from Argos which plays CDs and FM/DAB radio and is connected to a pair of wired outdoor speakers.
Location 2 has a portable CD player plugged in to an old amp to which another pair of wired speakers are connected.​

What I would like to do is have just one brand new system at location 1 that can play CDs, FM/DAB radio and USB (Bluetooth stream from phone capability and digital storage of music would be a bonus) and then wirelessly stream whatever is playing to location 2 approximately 15 meters away in good quality and with as little delay as possible.
  • At both locations the audio equipment is kept inside a shed with the speakers outside.
  • There is no internet connection or computers on site
  • It's not really possible to run speaker wires between the two areas
I had thought about trying a simple bluetooth sender/receiver but I think the distance would be too much. We do have a rudimentary wi-fi network on site to monitor the CCTV cameras but there is currently no access point in location 2. I'm willing to spend up to around £300 on a new system if it'll do the job well.

I think your budget is to low, but this may help or at least give you ideas.

[2 Year Warranty] Avantree LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver 2-in-1 for TV / Speakers, aptX Low Latency, Dual Link, Support Optical & 3.5mm Audio - Oasis: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers

This thing apparently can dual link (supply 2 sets of headphones, so should be able to supply 2 bluetooth speakers) at ranges up to 150 feet or so.

Have to physically connect phone to this as you want to use it as a bluetooth transmitter ( tune in is a free radio souce, youtube/spotify for other sources) You'd buy a cd player off ebay for 30 euro

Buy the 2 biggest loudest bluetooth speakers you can find in budget

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom