Question Recommendations for inexpensive HDMI switch

norliss

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of moving from a multi-channel AV Amp back to a stereo amp and need to sort out the HDMI source > TV switching.

I do understand the concept of "you get what you pay for" but given that I'm now buying an amp more expensive than I'd originally anticipated (how often does that happen in this glorious hobby?!) I could do without spending a great deal on this, so ideally I'd like something that's at least half-way decent for not-too-much money.

Any suggestions?

Outline what the intended kit list is going to be, how long the cabling will be from the Source(s) to Switch and Switch to TV.

Joe

Hey Joe... where you goin' with that gun in your hand...:D Thanks for your reply!

Kit list is slightly shorter than it has been for a while given that I've just decommissioned 1 source (with possibly another to follow) so currently 2 Blu-ray players (Pioneer BDP-450 & Sony BDP-S4200) with provision for 2 more HDMI devices, all to go to a Panasonic TX-P42G10B Plasma TV.

In terms of cable lengths: source to switch will be pretty short as the switch can live on the rack, so 1m or less. Switch to TV will be via a 5m Neet HDMI cable.

I ended up opting for a Kinivo 501BN. Other than the less-than-ideal blue lights blaring away on the front, it seems to be working well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom