Recommendations for headphones for Apple Music Lossless please

chyllyphylly

Novice Member
I’m looking to replace my old Sony Bluetooth ones…. I think they might be the v1 of the wh1000s.

I’ll be using Apple Music on my iPhone…. Would prefer over ear closed backs, due to hating in ears and these would be my only headphones…. So used for commute/home/work etc.

if it helps, my favourite music genres are 80s/90s stuff (synth, “old skool rave”, pop, britpop etc). At the moment I’m listening to, no idea what the genre is called, orchestras playing 90s dance music.

Any suggestions to point me into the right direction would be nice

thanks

Edit…. Looking to spend around £400 ish, that’ll include a DAC if needed

Last edited:

dollag

The only way you will benefit from apples lossless music catalogue is to go wired which i believe still actually upsamples to 48k or you get a usb dac/ amp solution.

This may change in the near future but for now that is how it is.

something like the meze 99 would likely fit the bill but you haven't stated a budget

chyllyphylly

Novice Member
The only way you will benefit from apples lossless music catalogue is to go wired which i believe still actually upsamples to 48k or you get a usb dac/ amp solution.

This may change in the near future but for now that is how it is.

something like the meze 99 would likely fit the bill but you haven't stated a budget
cheers… looking around £400.

ive edited the original post

gibbsy

Shure SRH 1540 closed back. Good musical 'phones, surprising amount of bass for closed backs. Very light construction and extremely comfortable. The Amazon price is something of a steal to be honest. Only fault is the rather short 1.2m cable, you'll need an extension lead maybe.

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom