Recommendations for begineer

d1kel

Standard Member
Hi all,

I am new to all this so please bear with me.
I have a Samsung LE32R74 TV, Humax 9200T PVR, Samsung HD860 DVD and would like to add 5.1 sound to my setup, but am at a loss as to what would be best.

I am not really interested in having anything over the top, just want 5.1 sound when playing DVD's.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

p.s. Dont really want to spend a fortune on my first setup.

mhuk05

For dvd or dvd and music? Floorstanders or sub/ sat? Size of room?

And the budget?

You can always start with 2.1 and add more speakers when money allows.

d1kel

Standard Member
Just for watching DVD's mainly.
Satelite option would be preferred.
Size of room is about 5m x 5m.
Budget to be around £200 ish, dont want to spend loads, but want it to be fairly decent.
The Mrs will only moan if its TOO loud/obtrusive etc, just want failry basic setup.

mhuk05

For £200 I would suggest either keep your eyes on the classifieds here or an "all in one box type" solution (can't help you there).

Small sats will sound poor without a sub so bear that in mind if buying the items separately.

d1kel

Standard Member
Thanks for that.
So I need to get a Reciever that connects to my DVD player via Optical cable, it then sends the signals to the corresponding speakers?
Does the visual run through the reciever as well- controlling everything- or can that still be seperate?

That link is more or less what i am after. Cheers.

Ewoody

Dankeech

Drat, beaten to the finishing line... Yes, AV59 is supposed to be a great package and as it is not a proprietary solution but one that is made up of standard AV kit parts too.

You could upgrade bits as and when (or if) you feel like it and not have to ditch the whole thing.

Supposed to be excellent product within this price range and far far more flexible than the all-in-ones and has plenty of inputs.

Audip quality and volume is supposed to be far bigger/better than the price tag/size suggests.

Just thought I'd let you know I haven't heard one myself though, just from having seen popular opinion on the forums here:lesson: .

Dan.

Dankeech

Don't forget to let us know if you get it and any views or questions on it etc.:thumbsup:

Dan.

Ewoody