• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendations for banana plugs.

scubadoo

Hello,

I've just fitted my Nexxia speaker wall plates and now i need to choose some banana plugs. I've never used them before so advice would be appreciated.

Cable is Audioquest Slip 16/2.

Is it worth spending more on QED screwloc or Audioquest Suregrip 100 over the Fisual Easy fix?

It's been a long time in the works so can't wait to finally get the cinema up and running!

Thanks
Dave

rorton

Ive had some great results with these

I like the idea of the single centre pin that makes the connection, the other type seem to go slack after a while i find.

I didn't use the plastic covers that came with them, i used heat shrink instead

46824644661_7847a845f1_k.jpg

46099494284_64c62dfb69_k.jpg

D

Deleted member 24354

The Fisual banana plugs (Amazon £12 for 10 plugs) are as good as anybody elses. You can spend a lot of money but as long as the basic build quality is good, then they will all pretty much do a similar job (no matter what the marketing material says).

scubadoo

The Fisual banana plugs (Amazon £12 for 10 plugs) are as good as anybody elses. You can spend a lot of money but as long as the basic build quality is good, then they will all pretty much do a similar job (no matter what the marketing material says).

Thanks, that's what I went with in the end. They seem really good quality at a reasonable price and I had no problems with any of them. I used the straight ones in the amp and wall plates and the 90 degree version for the back of the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom