Recommendations for backup to primary NAS

Datalus

I’m currently using a QNAP TVS-951X as my primary NAS connected to my internal network over 10GbE. I’d like to add a second NAS to the network to act as an ‘offsite’ backup and the plan is to put this remote from the main rack located in the house out in my detached garage that has a CAT6 connection. Looking for something with a minimum of two drive slots, and built in 10GbE would be a bonus but not essential. I don’t need any app functionality beyond acting as the backup target for the main NAS.

Does anyone have recommendations for a NAS suitable for this role? Would there be any benefits to stick to another device from QNAP?

Well, if you get another QNAP device, you'll be able to use one of the built in QNAP backup applications/modules to backup. That generally works better/easier between same brand NAS units than differing brands. You can always make it work using generic commands or even external apps, but why over complicate things?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom