recommendations for a wetsuit ?

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm about to be spending a lot of time in the sea off Thailand ( hours at a time most likely).

I know nothing about wetsuits can someone suggest somthing.

I assume I want something kinda lightweight ; I won't be doing any scuba but I may be under the water now and again.

Preferably something quite cool looking ( I know I know but apperances count as I'm working).

O'Neil is about the ony name I know and I have no idea if they are any good.

a big bucket of water...

Thanks for that; I'm thinking a "Rashie" ??? or maybe a "Shorty" ???

I will be on jetskis and skibobs and stuff. And may have to get out of the water and jump into a chopper every so often without much notice.

I suspect a shorty would be enough, but couldn't say for sure. If you are going to be there for a while, buy it out there. They have dive shops too. And get recommendations from others doing the same thing.

Agree with the comments of waiting till you get out there. The local shops will be able to advise the thickness you need for the area.

I'm more interested in why you will be razzing around on jet skis and the hopping in to a helicopter at short notice, what are you doing out there!

Mr D is, IIRC, involved in film production and has worked on some very high profile movies. So some more of that I'm guessing.

Yes, Mr D is our resident connection to the glamour of Hollywood films. Visual effects IIRC?

A shortie will be fine along with a UV rash vest should do it.

However if there are any jelly fish in the water ....

You might want to consider a full length summer suit with gloves

Last edited:
A quick Google suggests a 3mm shortie should be fine as the water is in the seventies (Fahrenheit I assume :))

Any recommendations for something I could easily google for myself but then that would spoil the fun of being able to tell you all why I need a wetsuit. Boom! :D

Thanks for that; I'm thinking a "Rashie" ??? or maybe a "Shorty" ???

I will be on jetskis and skibobs and stuff. And may have to get out of the water and jump into a chopper every so often without much notice.

For Thailand, the water will be warm. Just wear shorts, if you are concerned about the cold get a 1mm thermal rash vest to wear.

For Thailand, the water will be warm. Just wear shorts, if you are concerned about the cold get a 1mm thermal rash vest to wear.

Cool thanks. I'll be in Greece and Croatia also in the water after that though. I don't think they will be quite as warm.

Also will I look like a plum if I'm in a shorty whilst everyone else is in shorts ?

All Jaques Cousteau with nowhere to go kinda thing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom