• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Recommendations for a Stereo System with Iphone Dock

yoyoyoavon

Standard Member
Hello,

Can anyone offer some recommendations for a Stereo System (Mini hi-fi sized) with cd player, dab radio and ipod dock (compatible with the Iphone 3G)?

Price point up to £300 being considered, thanks.

ukp

Novice Member
Pure Sirocco just came out (literally today) Mini Hi-fi with dab/cd/usb/sd/iphone 25wpc. £145 inc next day delivery from Lambdatek... I've ordered mine for delivery tomorrow, will review then.

ukp

Novice Member
I've had this a little while now, and I am afraid it's a mixed review.
Sound quality is excellent and no interference from the iPhone. DAB reception is also excellent. I've pinned the wire aerial vertically down the edge of the bedroom curtain and all the channels are good quality.

It's a bit big for the bedside table, particularly with both speakers.

Most of the remote's buttons are the same shape, leading to a bit of a learning curve for bedtime use.

The 30 presets are for DAB and FM use. Since you can only access them in sequence they're not really much more useful than direct tuning DAB.

I find the clock too bright when in standby and the only other option is red-light standby with no clock at all.

Bit disappointed since it seems to be the only DAB+iPhone 3G(s) offering out there at the moment.

6.5/10.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom