Recommendations for a cheap player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by raven219, May 4, 2001.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    My dad asked me about DVD players yesterday, in particular the cheaper end of the market. I thought about recommending the following models for him to look at.

LG 3350E and 3200E
    Wharfedale M5
    Hitachi DV-P305
    Samsung DVD 511

Any comments/opinions on these players or any other recommendations (sub £250)?

Cheers

Raven

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you might also look at the pioneer 535 and there is the toshiba sd100 but it has problems with rce of course and is being replaced.....there are so many good players at this price really. just make sure he likes what he sees before he buys it.

3. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would try the Pioneer 535 or 530 as the picture and sound is good on these players.
    The Samsung has terible sound, but otherwise is quite slick. Infact most DVD players have not got good sound at all when playing CD's.
    The Pioneer 535 is £177 with region 1 mod from Richer Sounds which sounds like a good deal to me. ;)

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the Toshiba sd 210e for £210 (inc vat) from Techtronics (as these can handle RCE discs). Toshiba players have fantastic picture quality when compared to others in that price range!