Recommendations for a 4K Blu Ray Player for my new LG OLED55C14LB

Pepperam1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Was thinking of getting a 4K Blu Ray player to go with the new LG OLED55C14LB but wanted peoples input as the LG Range has two models I was looking at, the UBK80 and UBK90, but I suppose it doesn't have to be an LG one

Also not sure whether they are actually a thing nowadays with the available 4K stuff you can now download and watch?

Any help or advice appreciated :)

Chris

Hey guys

Was thinking of getting a 4K Blu Ray player to go with the new LG OLED55C14LB but wanted peoples input as the LG Range has two models I was looking at, the UBK80 and UBK90, but I suppose it doesn't have to be an LG one
I wouldn't bother with LG players as there are better available from Panasonic and Sony. Panasonic UB450 or Sony X700 are the cheapest models with Dolby Vision capability.
Also not sure whether they are actually a thing nowadays with the available 4K stuff you can now download and watch?
Yes they are still a thing nowadays with many 4K UHDs available to buy. This time of the year is best to buy them with black friday deals on the go everywhere. Especially good at the moment are the prices for UHDs over at Amazon Spain.

Ahhh you see now I am glad I asked lol I have lots of Blu Rays still, but these I used in my PC and thought as I was having a new TV (the first time in around 20 years!) I would ask and get some feedback so thank you :)

I have heard the UB450 is a fairly good one, do you personally have any recommendations?

Ahhh you see now I am glad I asked lol I have lots of Blu Rays still, but these I used in my PC and thought as I was having a new TV (the first time in around 20 years!) I would ask and get some feedback so thank you :)

I have heard the UB450 is a fairly good one, do you personally have any recommendations?
Anything but LG....;)
Depends on your budget. UB450 is good at it's price point, then Sony X700.
Next price level up is the Panasonic UB820 and Sony X800M2
And then a big jump in price to the UB9000

I've got all of them except the the UB450 and I've found the picture quality is much the same between them for 4K at least. What can be different is operational noise and playback niggles. Some people have problems with Sony players sticking or freezing but I've never had that problem with mine. Quietest I've found are the UB9000 and X800M2.

Decided to go for the Panasonic DP-UB450EB-K

I think given I have just spent the best part of £1100 on the TV and at Some point would like to get a soundbar, the sensible head has prevailed :)

Thank you for your help :)

I just upgraded to an Oppo clone (IPUK) but I can highly recommend the Sony UBP-800 XM2 - nice build quality, does Dolby Vision, has A/V Sync, and Bluetooth built into the player (which is great for headphones if your TV doesn’t have direct Bluetooth. I have been very happy with the Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom