Answered Recommendations for a 4K 43 inch TV for Xbox One X/PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Mohawk411, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Mohawk411

Mohawk411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I am now limited to space so a 40-43 inch TV is all I can have at the moment.

I'd like a 40-43 inch 4K TV with HDR for playing Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. After that just for watching netflix, youtube and watching UHD blu-rays

Viewing angles are important to me. I also like to get good dark areas if you know what I mean, I guess I am looking for something in the middle. Good blacks and good viewing angles.

I am currently looking closely at the SONY KD43XF7596BU 43" (XF75) which is down to €700 at the moment.

Max budget in and around 800 euros.

I'd love to read yuor input and recommendations.

Thanks.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by zeppelino, Jul 15, 2018 (1 points)
  3. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    Limited space but wide viewing angles doesn’t make sense. How often would the main users not be sitting head on?

4. Mohawk411

Mohawk411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, it's not a Chinese prison cell ;)

To answer your question it wouldn't be too often that it's viewed at a slight angle.

Do I stand to gain much by getting TV that doesn't use an IPS Panel?

5. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    Best Answer
    Better contrast, better black levels and better backlight uniformity.

Panasonic EX700 and Samsung MU6400 @ 40” are good options.

6. Mohawk411

Mohawk411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That all sounds very good and what I would like :thumbsup:

7. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    You can't get good viewing angles whist retaining the best blacks. You also can't get TV's good with HDR at smaller screen sizes. The two models suggested already are the best you can get at that size but neither displays HDR to a decent standard.

8. Mohawk411

Mohawk411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is that including up to 43 inch TVs?

9. HeavenlyWarrior

HeavenlyWarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    If 40 inches is your ballpark I'd stick with 1080p unless you're sitting with your face on the screen.

10. Mohawk411

Mohawk411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ordered the EX700. Thanks for the suggestion.

And thanks to everyone for the insightful info.

11. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    The 43" TVs are worse unless you need wide viewing angles, they mostly come with IPS type panels.

I was talking more that you need at least 49" to get a decent HDR TV and 55" to get a good one.

12. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys, come on in the discussion. I have to buy a maximum 40-43 inch TV 4k for HDR video games with Ps4 Pro, watch soccer on sky, blu-ray movies. I need low input lag, I watch the TV frontally 1.2 meters away. Unfortunately in this room I do not enter a larger size television ..

I am undecided between:

Samsung 40NU7100
    Samsung 43NU7400
    Panasonic 43FXW754 (same features as the 49-inch FX750) German version import, IPS panel 10-bit native 100 Hz with local dimming Pro (I think the only 43-inch TV on the market)

In Italy 40NU7100 on offer costs 399 euros, the 43N7400 on offer costs 529 euros, the panasonic costs FXW754 costs 1000 euros. Your opinion? thank you

13. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    Firstly you need to have low expectations for HDR at that price range and smaller size. No smaller TV has good HDR unfortunately, even the Panasonic you've mentioned.

Then you have to decide what panel type you want, IPS or VA.

There are also other things to think about such as having to game lower frame rate in uhd with many titles and also needing to view very close to a small TV to even see a difference with UHD.

Philips just released a 43" computer monitor that actually is good with HDR so that's definitely something worth having instead of a TV even if it means you have separate smart TV and tuner.

Input lag, well it doesn't matter like it used to. All TV's have low enough input lag now.

14. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the answer, my experience with HDR I can say that I'm used to the TV OLED E6 that I own in the living room, even this one has a sufficient HDR brightness. I know that I can not ask much for a 40-43-inch measure, but in this second room a higher measure does not fit. I preferred to buy a smart TV instead of a monitor. The panasonic should have a light HDR a little higher than the samsung mentioned, but I do not know if it is worth spending € 500 more if I see differences. The advantage of the Panasonic that has a 100 Hz panel with fast images is superior. An important game in a dark room, I like the natural colors of the IPS panels but also the black of the VA panels I would like a compromise

15. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    It's not just a matter of brightness unfortunately, OLEDs can light up individual pixels which makes for a much better HDR experience already, even if one pixel can only reach 600nits, the one next to it can be completely turned off at 0 nits creating greater contrast and a more defined picture.

The same cannot be said for LCD TVs, they rely on higher peak brightness to create larger contrast ratios and they need some way to separate light from dark in the form of local dimming.

Smaller sized TVs never have any form of local dimming that is worth having and none get significantly bright enough to make HDR good either. In fact viewing HDR on an LCD with limited brightness you may well be better off just not using HDR at all.

You'd be better off buying a monitor and using a Roku or similar for smart TV. Manufacturers do not make good TVs at lower screen sizes like they used too.

If you buy a small TV then don't even take HDR into consideration much, it will be pretty poor.

The Panasonic is very overpriced for what it is. They use IPS panels. For HDR IPS type panels let a lot of light through from behind even when using SDR levels of brightness, let alone more nits with HDR. A good comparison of panel types can be seen here: IPS vs VA: Comparing LCD types found in TVs - take a look at how less uniform the TV with the IPS panel is.

There is a reason all good HDR TVs use VA type panels.

100hz panel is useful only if you use motion enhancements, its not an advantage for gaming at all.

So if you absolutely want a TV then you need to have no expectations when it comes to how HDR perform and my advice would be to forget about any kind of HDR performance and just buy as cheap as possible. There are a couple of UHD models that can be had for cheap with VA panels at 40" which represent decent value for a lot of people. There are also FHD models too if you want a TV that upscales better.

Colour is the same on VA and IPS panels, IPS type panels only have better colour compared to TN monitors. All budget TVs cover between 80-90% of the DCI-P3 colour gamut now.

16. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you very much for the explanation. In the case of the Samsung 43NU7400 how do I recognize if my panel is type VA? Is there a test to do?

17. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    A recent user purchased one and it came with a VA panel which is a good sign but Samsung have also used IPS type panels at that size before so there is no sure way of telling before you buy the TV unless you look into the TVs service menu, take a close up macro picture of the panels pixel structure or make judgement based on viewing angles which are worse for VA than IPS. The only other way is to hope a review of the TV somewhere surfaces and they examine the panel type but even then sometimes Samsung can sell the same TV with two, three different panels.

18. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes I read in the Samsung TV section. This thing of the ramdom panel I do not like .. otherwise as a 4k monitor with hdr what do you recommend? I need to mount it on the wall

19. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
  20. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    Highly recommend the 43KS7500, though only available used now - absolutely stunning tv. If our bedroom tv bites the dust soon I am going to try get one to replace it.

21. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Very good the monitor Philiphs sin has only 1 hdmi port, I need at least 3 hdmi ports, for sky, ps4 pro and dvb-t

22. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    You could get a hdmi switch?

23. supersimo85

supersimo85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, but it is not very practical. Today I found on offer the Samsung 43NU7400 at 499 euros I am tempted to buy it