• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendations for a 32" LCD or Plasma, please.

fourmthree

Standard Member
Hi all

I'm in the market for a 32" LCD for use with my Xbox 360 and Sky+ systems. I have a budget of £650 (£700 at a stretch) and have been looking at the Samsung LE32R74BD, which I can pick up for less than the £600 mark. Initially I was confident of LCD's technology, but with the continuing speculation concerning motion blurring and so on I'm in need of some reassurance.

Gaming will take up the majority of my time but when the football is on, the 360 is off. Also I'll be adding in a 5:1 system (liking the matching Samsung HTXQ100 :) ) in the near future so HDMI is a must and VGA is a route I'd like to take also, using the screen as a monitor for a new PC somewhere else down the line...

I'd be most appreciative if you guys could offer me the benefit of your superior knowledge, experiences, advice or recommendations.

Cheers :thumbsup:

fourmthree

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Two very popular 32" lcd's are the Samsung le32 range and the Toshiba wlt66. Since you've said you'd like to use your pc i'd suggest the Samsung as others have said the Toshiba doesn't handle it too well. However, a newer Toshiba wlt68 is available so might be better.

Also, when the 360 was launched, the Samsung lcd tv's were the ones used as the display units of choice.

nick501

Distinguished Member
your not going to find too many 32" plasma's.

I noticed woolworths are doing a 37" LCD for £599. Got to be worth at least a look for that money?

i have a Toshiba 37wlt66 and the 360 is great at 1024x768 resolution via VGA.

I'm sure the 32wlt66 is good aswell. I've not seen the samsung in action but the demo pod screens in shops always looked good to me.

nick501

Distinguished Member
your not going to find too many 32" plasma's.

I noticed woolworths are doing a 37" LCD for £599. Got to be worth at least a look for that money?

i have a Toshiba 37wlt66 and the 360 is great at 1024x768 resolution via VGA.

I'm sure the 32wlt66 is good aswell. I've not seen the samsung in action but the demo pod screens in shops always looked good to me.

fourmthree

Standard Member
Yeah, that was an oversight. I've amended the thread title to reflect this. For shame!

I must admit I'm not too keen on the lesser known brands, as I don't find the quality (build and component) to be up to that of the bigger players. Also I understand that Samsung supply their panels to other companies (even Loewe) and having Microsoft on board during the 360's design phase has to go in the Samsung models favour.

I hear the occasional snippet of joy coming from Toshiba owners. I already own a 20WLT56 and it's a decent little unit, but not so aesthetically pleasing as other models. Technical specifications are important to me but, equally, it has to be easy on the eye.

So, any other recommendations?

fourmthree

d2wud

Established Member
well i've ordered my 32wlt68 and i'm going to be using my 360 with it and also connecting my computer up to it.
took me weeks to decide which to go for any im pretty sure i've madee the right choice, even without seeing the tv :p

LBP.Nxe

Established Member
I'll be going for the WLT68 as well, but after xmas when the current price premium (since it was only released about a month ago) drops a bit :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom