Recommendations for 5.1 AV Receiver with HDMI 2.1

madman236

Hi All

Looking for some recommendations to replace my 8 yr old Yamaha RX-V673. Its currently driving a KEF E305 5.1 setup. Ideally I'm looking for something that has 2x HDMI 2.1 ports. (for both Xbox Series X and PS5) Other sources are a Nvidia Shield 4k PRO and a PC that contains my blu-ray rips.
One other requirement is Airplay though I think the majority of receivers already have this capability.

I've been looking at the Denon 2700 but am put off by the fact there is only 1x HDMI 2.1 port. I'd like to stick to around £600 max hence why I'm not considering the 3700. Unless I can add a splitter on the sole HDMI 2.1 port and plug both Xbox Series X and PS5 into?

Can anyone make any other suggestions or is the Denon 2700 my best bet?

Thanks

Richdog

Wait for the new Denon 2021 range, they should be announced either this or next month.

Upvote 0

alebonau

Distinguished Member
Looking for some recommendations to replace my 8 yr old Yamaha RX-V673. Its currently driving a KEF E305 5.1 setup. Ideally I'm looking for something that has 2x HDMI 2.1 ports. (for both Xbox Series X and PS5) Other sources are a Nvidia Shield 4k PRO and a PC that contains my blu-ray rips. One other requirement is Airplay though I think the majority of receivers already have this capability.

as a previous yam owner ? The new Yamaha A range releases for 2021 ? They have a more than one hdmi 2.1 port

I've been looking at the Denon 2700 but am put off by the fact there is only 1x HDMI 2.1 port. I'd like to stick to around £600 max hence why I'm not considering the 3700. Unless I can add a splitter on the sole HDMI 2.1 port and plug both Xbox Series X and PS5 into?

There will be an A range coming I believe at some stage. Just keep in mind while all ports are actually in support of hdmi 2.1 feature set. It’s only one that supports 4K120 and 8k whether this is of any great value is still in the debatable category :D

Also do consider just plugging your sources straight to your tv as there are few eg Vincent at hdtvtest..

and also denon/Marantz - sound United suggesting for best compatibility it’s best to plug straight

hdmi 2.1 is still very cutting edge...

Upvote 0

madman236

Hi Alebonau

Many thanks for your response, the reason for replacing my existing amp is due to a fault with my RX-v673, when plugging in my nvidia shield pro, I get visual but no audio through the amp. I've checked connections and settings and the issue is more then intermittent. Hence the need for a replacement but also my wariness to go for another Yamaha considering I've only had it for 8 years!

With the Denon 2700, can I use a splitter for the single HDMI 2.1 port to plug in both PS5 and xbox series x?

My budget is around £600, are there other alternatives you can recommend that I can purchase immediately as using my existing TV speakers is driving me mad!

Thanks

Upvote 0

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Nvidia Shield TV Pro - is this a fault you have confirmed with Pioneer Tech Support or simply something you are experiencing and assuming it is a fault?

Hopefully if you are plugging and unplugging HDMI devices you are doing so with all devices powered off at the wall, hot-plugging HDMI is never a good idea.

If you want reliable HDMI I’m not sure Denon has the track record you would want :)

eARC is another consideration if you have any plans to update your TV - you can then connect sources direct to the TV and use eARC betweeen the TV and a compatible AVR.

Joe

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom