Recommendations for 23/25" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by vblue, Oct 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. vblue

vblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My father is looking to buy a 23 or 26" LCD TV, will be looking to connect in Sky+ and VCR.

He won't be connecting it to a PC or anything else so for him the main concern will be on picture quality.

His budget is sub £1400, but the closer to 1k the better. At this price range is there any LCD that particularly stand out?

Cheers

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Easiest thing you can do is use google.co.uk to display a list of price checking sites - namely Pricerunner, Dealtime, Kelkoo (questionable!), and another which escapes my mind at the moment.

If it's for the living room, rather than the bedroom, then 26-32" is mandatory - a 23" will look lost.
    For my money - JVC/Sharp are the contenders, but don't let brand snobbery dictate soley - see if you can narrow the list down to 2-3 an dthen get a proper demo of each one.
    Curry's has a vast array to choose from - almost too many to make it easy as some of the ones I saw from relative unknown brands looked very good compared to the main players, in my local store.

3. vblue

vblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.

Having had a look around the one and read some reviews that's caught my eye is the JVC LT-26c31. Anyone tell me from practical experience if this is good, bad or indifferent?

4. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm looking for the same and the same set also caught my eye. The only downside seems to be the lack of a DVI input. Being relatively new to LCD TV I'm not so sure if I would need one, I mean using the TV as a PC monitor is all well and good but the resolutions are too low compared to dedicated PC LCD panels. My current 17" PC LCD is 1280x1024, so using a 26" monitor @ 1280x768 seems a step backward. So what else is the digital input good for?