1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for £10-£15 scart cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Kronenbourg, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Kronenbourg

Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Anyone got any suggestions for makes and sources of scart cables in the £10-£15 category? Having just picked up a new LCD screen I am looking to upgrade my cabling a bit, or will the ones for that kind of price not be worth the effort of changing and if so how much should I be looking to spend?

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    http://www.tvcables.co.uk/
    This would be a good place to look for a start. Thor cables seem good. About £20 or so for a very well made cable. It's probably not worth spending much more. Others may tell you different but unless you've got money to burn there's probably not a lot of point in spending more.
    Another place to try is John Lewis. Own rebranded cable (It's Blue - Afraid I can't remember the make....) about £12 for 1m is also very good.

HTH

3. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the QED 2110 cable which is excellent!! Have a look around bought mine off e-bay for around £16.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Try and find the Philex "Home Cinema" scart lead. It's an absolute bargain and I found loads in Robert Dyas for only about £7. :)

5. DrunkenDuck

DrunkenDuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ref the Philex "home Cinema" cable

B&Q are selling these off as clearance at the moment and are up at around £4.50
    Is this cable ok for RGB signal ?

Cheers

6. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    This cable is excellent for RGB signal.

It's basically the same as the Thor cable but the control leads (video switching, widescreen switching, +5V etc) aren't shielded as well as the signal carriers. It also has a far more practical metal plug. :)

7. cabstar

cabstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I use the ones that Homebase sell for £5.99 they are blue cable & fully wired. They also have gold plated metal scart plugs with posiclick so they do not come lose. I have found this to be more important than cable quality as scarts are notorious for coming unplugged. They also do these in half metre lengths which is godsend for av racks.

I have compared these against QED & could see hardly any difference what so ever. I have also seen the ones in B & Q & didn't think the build quality was as good as the ones from Homebase.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gary