1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation where I can buy one particular DVD in bulk (30 copies?)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dan Smiffy, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I'm not planning turning into a dealer ;) but when "Shaun of the Dead" is out I intend to buy 25 or 30 discs and give a copy to pretty much everybody I know for Xmas. Does anybody have any bulk DVD seller recommendations that do one-off deals cheaper than clicking "Add to Cart" 30 times at Play or CDWow??

Dan

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Doubt yr going to save anymore than you will by buying single copies of a single title.

Bear in mind 1 copy ordered at a time = free postage no customs
    30 copies at same time = postage and customs !!!

3. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Blimey that was quick!

Ta for that JSW. I bow down to your 1435 posts of knowledge ;) but shurely there must be somewhere I could save a bit of money? The cash equivalent of all the stamps and jiffy envelopes they'd keep vs sending 30discs seperately would be nice for a start! Although as you say if they sent a pack from overseas then Customs into the mix. Ugh it's the bloody Internet's fault, everybody (now inc. me) demands a bargain *all the time*...

Dan

4. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I think customs may have a problem with you ordering 30 copies of the same film for redistribution.

5. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Why this film?????
    Are you in it????????? :zonked: :zonked: :zonked:

6. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No ELV I'm not in it, I just love it! And so should everybody else I know but most of 'em wouldn't buy it so I'm gonna get it for them and force them to watch, muhahahaha! :devil:

Ta for all the replies but sod it, I'll give it a month or so after it's released then click "Buy" two or three dozen times. Yay I've sorted out my Xmas shopping early this year!

Dan.

7. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Would he get hit by customs thought? if you order from someone like Play, they send each disk seperately anyway, so as long as the 1 DVD is under your limit you wont get hit.

Also places like DVDsoon and Play are cheaper than high street stores so i that would be your discount.

the only other way is if you have your own business and you get an account with a distributor so you buy direct :thumbsup:

8. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder, could you contact the distributor directly for such a small order? They probably wouldn't give you wholesale price (since you're not a vendor), but you might get a discount for a bulk order. (Edit: Oops, didn't see sjp1966's response)

Would it be legal to get a friend who owns a shop to order the batch in for you? You'd have to pay VAT then, but he/she might agree to sell them to you for cost. (depending on how good a friend :laugh: )

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that the cheapest way will end up being to just order 30 single-copies online.

I'd be interested in finding out how you get on, Dan Smiffy, because I love SotD as well, and might also be buying a batch of copies as gifts. (course, that's mostly because I am in it :devil: )

9. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know anyone with a DVD shop, sadly, but n'er mind I'll order a shelf-full from CD Wow. Blimey you were in it (at first glance I thought your pic was a still from some heavy metal video!) Do you have any on-set pix? What was Simon Pegg like? Pls could you PM me Kate Ashfield's tel. number?? ;)

Dan

10. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I assume that if you're considering DVD Soon, etc, that everyone on your Xmas list has a multi-region player? ;)

11. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for my delay in replying - I installed eBay's Turbo Lister last week and it has sent my computer *batty*. I'm typing this at work since my home machine now only boots in 600x800 mode, "rundll32" causes errors and the mouse doesn't work... :( I only wanted to flog my Empire magazine collection!

I'm not considering DVDSoon, Play or CDWow I said since I assume the R2 will be out first and not everyone I know is multiregioned up. This assumes I don't now have to spend money on a new computer or fritter any getting my old one fixed, which would make this whole thread in vane!

Dan :)