1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation please...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Dan666, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone recommend a remote for the following requirements?

I hope to buy one for a relative for xmas, dont need anything too fancy, just a learning IR eye, and preferably a backlit touch sense display.

I have a Pronto myself which would be ideal - but the person Im buying for only has TV, VCR, DVD and freeview digibox so £150 might be a bit OTT.

I had been looking at one in Maplins (Remote Commander I think) for about £60 which looked ideal - but I read that its screens cannot be programmed with functions from different remotes. (eg he would like to have a screen for TV which has the volume codes of the TV itself, with the channel codes of the freeview box and the power codes of both, but this wouldnt be possible on this unit).

I suppose what Im after is a junior version of the Pronto - no need for PC connectivity or masses of memory. Is there such a remote out there?

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82