Recommendation needed on Washing machine

$lim$hady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hey,

I had posted a similar post before but since have changed our minds to a washing machine rather then a washer/dryer.

The one i have got my eye on is Hotpoint WT960P at £270Shhh with cashback

Anyone have any views on this model or can recommend me one? price limit is under £300 inc del.

Thanks
$$

id go for a bosch - have good reliability.

hey,

I had posted a similar post before but since have changed our minds to a washing machine rather then a washer/dryer.

The one i have got my eye on is Hotpoint WT960P at £270Shhh with cashback

Anyone have any views on this model or can recommend me one? price limit is under £300 inc del.

Thanks
$$

Looking at kitchen appliances recently I spotted that Neff, Bosch and Siemens are near identical - have small cosmetic chnages but essentially the same thing.

I gave up buying expensive washing machines and dryers some time ago. We used to buy what was considered to be the best (without going to AEG or Miele) but whilst they did last longer we found it wasn't buy much more than the cheap models. Trouble is when they do go wrong (unless it is something you can fix yourself) the cost of repair isn't worth it.

So now we buy cheap and treat as disposable. Rather than spend £500 on a Zanussi, Bosch or Whirlpool washing machine we spend £180 on a White Knight, Indesit etc. When it breaks, I either fix it or buy a new one. They may not last as long but in my experience it is a case of 4 or 5 years rather than 6 or 7.

Not very good for the environment though!

Cheers,

Nigel

Also look carefully at how you use your current one. You get fancy washing machines with 20 different programmmes but in reality we find we only use 3 or 4.

Miele Miele Miele

Got 4 kids. Miele washer and drier used daily. Both >10yrs old and hammered. Just had to spend £100 on a new thermostat for the drier. Miele dishwasher and freezer both bombproof. They dont look flash but their parts have 10yr guarantees and go for ever.

Second vote for Miele, seem expensive at first but they outlive the competition by years. I have a washing machine and seperate dryer, they are very well designed and built like tanks, very quiet aswell!
Cheers,
Oddbodd.

Have a Miele too. Alot quieter than the Hoover's my parents had in the past and they are under warranty for 10 years.

Looking at kitchen appliances recently I spotted that Neff, Bosch and Siemens are near identical - have small cosmetic chnages but essentially the same thing.

They are all part of the same group. Neff are all integrated appliances, Siemens tend to be higher end products and bosch have a mix.

I would go for either Bosch (or Siemens), AEG or Miele

I went for an AEG just 2 weeks ago after much time-consuming internet searching.
Went for one that came with a free 5 year parts and labour guarantee (warranty offer ran out April 30th so just made it).
Ordered via Comet website and paid for 2-day delivery - which went smoothly enough. Found the AEG 5 year guarantee on JL's website but it's an AEG form and offer (so perfectly valid) and was model specific.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Thanks all,

I think from reading this and snooping on the internet Miele seems to be very good, but too expensive for me...

And i guess this hotpoint is a no no? but there are the only ones in my range:mad:

any good make & models around £300

I recommend the new 'Housewife' model :smashin:

gd39.gif

Not as good as they used to be since they switched production to Eastern Europe to save money :rolleyes:

I don't agree sorry.

I work for Bosch, and no matter where they're produced, all products go through the same rigorous tests. :smashin:

I was recently looking at the bosch's and unless u buy the top end, they come with a plastic hook instead of metal to keep the door closed. what a stupid idea. Even the the cheap brands use metal. Those cheap bar stewards

Go to John Lewis (like I did) and ask for the lowest spec "own label" washing machine like this one;

http://www.johnlewis.com/230420541/Product.aspx

I bought its previous version 4 months ago for £250 and its brilliant. All my other appliances are Miele and this is JL WM is excellent quality.

Icing on the cake is that AEG make this WM and JL put their name on it:eek:

They also throw in free delivery and 3 years parts/labour warranty. SOLD :smashin:

make sure you get one with built in wifi and bluetooth. You never know when your gonna need it:rotfl:

Yes, it is important that:

a) It sends stats about your washing to the manufacturer
b) It sends a fault code to the manufacturer when it goes wrong
c) it emails you when it has finished washing

:suicide:

Hmm...i'd be wary of Bosch - I know of three friends/relations who have had them and all have been utter disasters - one was delivered with one of its internal weight blocks missing and bounced across the kitchen on its first spin, taking a good portion of the worktop with it.
One of the others came with an unbalanced drum - it worked (noisily) for about 2 weeks before shearing off during a spin cycle and ripping a load of washing to shreds! :eek:

I'm happy to stick with Zanussi, personally.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom