Recommendation for x2 POE outdoor cameras under £200

MrM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi forum,

As the title really. For the last year I've been running x2 NEOS/WAYZE indoor smart cameras in external housing out the front and rear of the house. And whilst, for £20 each they've done a great job during the day and for £20 provide brilliant features (custom activity zones, cloud storage, 1minute clip length etc) they're obviously poor at night due to small IR sensors. With the night closing in now, I'm wanting to upgrade these two to dedicated outdoor cameras that'll have better night vision.

I'd prefer to go POE as I'm planning to mount these properly and cabling going into the loft where I can power them (and also access for any resets etc).

What I'm a little confused on is:

- If I go POE, does this need/have to go into a NVR/DVR and if so, will I lose smart capability (I.E access via my APP)
- POE isn't the only resort, but does save some faff in running power to each one, as opposed to a longer CAT6 through the loft.
- I'm very confused on if I'd need "network switches" or if my NVR/DVR will have these included?

I'd like to retain smart capability for motion alerts, and ideally retain some degree of custom motion detection (granted currently it's only colour change based and not actually motion).

Ideally looking for £175 all in, either as x2 cameras or x2 cameras with any NVR/DVR included.

Seems to be hundreds of IP style outdoor cams from China and what not. Always been told HIKVISION are solid, but they don't have great APP capability and can only be accessed via a Laptop into the NVR - thoughts?

Thanks in advance all.

Erm. Hmmmm.

don't have great APP capability and can only be accessed via a Laptop into the NVR

That is incorrect. HikConnect is a great App. It may not be as pretty as the Ring or Nest apps but it’s actually way more functional.
3AE6D2BA-1AA0-45F0-BB8D-22A9390E097A.png

This is my cameras from my iPhone.
Unfortunatel they are outside your budget. Yes you can run them without an NVR

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm. Hmmmm.

That is incorrect. HikConnect is a great App. It may not be as pretty as the Ring or Nest apps but it’s actually way more functional.
View attachment 1353325
This is my cameras from my iPhone.
Unfortunatel they are outside your budget. Yes you can run them without an NVR

Oh that's great to know! I was always under the impression that they didn't work. So that's great.

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom