Recommendation for tab tensioned screen. Optoma or GrandView

Darloc

Novice Member
After having some issues with my manual Sapphire screen, I am considering upgrading to a tab-tensioned screen and considering two screens: Optoma or GrandView, both 120". From what I can see, they both look very similar with the same brackets as the sapphire screen, they might come from the same factory.
One thing I am not sure about is the electrical connection, the Optoma documentation is a bit confusing, the diagram shows a kettle type connector but it also says that there's a non-detachable cable of 1.7m. The GrandView details show the same type of connection as the diagram on the Optoma screen but can't find any other details.
As I have a plug just at the bottom of where the screen will go, I think it would be the easiest to connect it with a standard plug.
I have contacted Optoma but haven't got a response, so looking for some people with a similar screen to clarify the way they are connected to the power. Once I know that I can finally place the order!
Link to the Optoma product page: DE-9120ETT 120" tab tension electric screen
Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

alebonau

no idea on the optoma. but Grandview is one of the larger chinese makers of motorised screens. they are quite reasonable quality for an affordable price. ive suggested them to a few folk... who aren't wanting to spend 2x on same size screen from other name brand makers....

with absence of much more about optoma ... i would go the grand view myself.

that said as to power lead i wouldn't expect that to be an issue at all... worst case can usually replace the lead on these units... with longer or cut shorter... (could be a job for an electrician)

Stridsvognen

I got a 120" 2.35:1 tab tension screen from GrandView i a gain 1.0, and can only say i was positive surprised of both the build quality, and screen material.
Dont know how long it will last, but for a neutral gain screen, i dont see much gained by much more expensive alternatives.

Darloc

Novice Member
Ok thanks guys, Stridsvognen, is the electrical connector a standard Kettle one?
Optoma is slightly cheaper and can get a 5 years warranty from Richersound this is why have been considering it.

Stridsvognen

Ok thanks guys, Stridsvognen, is the electrical connector a standard Kettle one?
Optoma is slightly cheaper and can get a 5 years warranty from Richersound this is why have been considering it.
Sorry dont remember, i got mine off a sale for 300£ and just set it up with a SONY VW270ES i sold som time ago.

alebonau

from my recollection last one i saw, was a captive cable not a detachable kettle lead. though either way its not a problem. if too short can get a longer lead added from the terminations.. or use an extension lead... if too long ... can re-terminate with a new plug at appropriate length,....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom