recommendation for spare tv 50-55inch

Reigan

Novice Member
I have lg c1 55 as main screen but i would like a spare tv above it so i can watch movies/videos while using the main screen, i want a decent tv nothing special it will be connected to pc and i will use browser/vlc to display videos and i dont use built in apps.

Dodgexander

If you are using HDR you'll want one of the starter HDR models in the guide here at least:

Otherwise, any cheap TV you buy today will be fine for SDR and its really just a matter of determining the panel type you want and how crucial it is for the TV to use a 60 or 120hz panel.

If you are just looking for something cheap for SDR use and want a VA panel I'd look at 50" Hisense or LG TVs, or at 55" Samsung AU9000. For 120hz, the 55" Samsung Q70A or Sony 55X85J/89J. If you want IPS look at 49" Sony or Philips models, or for 120hz 49" LGs Nano ones.

Reigan

Novice Member
If you are using HDR you'll want one of the starter HDR models in the guide here at least:

Otherwise, any cheap TV you buy today will be fine for SDR and its really just a matter of determining the panel type you want and how crucial it is for the TV to use a 60 or 120hz panel.

If you are just looking for something cheap for SDR use and want a VA panel I'd look at 50" Hisense or LG TVs, or at 55" Samsung AU9000. For 120hz, the 55" Samsung Q70A or Sony 55X85J/89J. If you want IPS look at 49" Sony or Philips models, or for 120hz 49" LGs Nano ones.
Thank you very much

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom