Recommendation for "Smart" Blu-Ray player to stream content?

SpiderJ

Standard Member
Hello - hoping someone might be able to help me.

I am looking to upgrade my set-up in order to enable me to watch BBC iPlayer on my tv rather than just on my laptop. Initially I had been lusting after one of the new ultrathin bezel Samsung SMART TVs, but the cost is too prohibitive at the moment, so I thought upgrading my Denon DVD player to something that might enable a similar funcationality would be more sensible, as well as give me Blu-ray funcationality (not that I own any Blu-ray discs yet)

However, it seems hard to find any comprehensive comparison/review of the various 'smart' home cinema devices (be it Blu-Ray players, TVs or Amps) - or the actual services available on/through them.

It seems that the three main options are LG, Samsung and Panasonic - but no real way of chosing between them. I don't need a PVR (have Sky+), nor a Freesat tuner - just a good quality player with a good quality 'smart' streaming service.

Are there any resources I should be looking at? Or can anyone make recommendation?

thanks

S

andysm

Standard Member
The Sony BDPSx80 blu ray players work very well with both iPlayer and LoveFilm. They also have Demand5 which works fine, apart from the complete lack of anything worth watching.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom