Question Recommendation for multi-region dvd playback on DVD player or Blu-ray player?

jimdriver2

Established Member
Reaction score
My old trusty Philips BDP3000 has just died. I now need something I can play my old Region 1, 3 and 4 dvds. (I've got another Blu-ray player I can play those on)

I've done some searching but nothing leaps out. Ideally it would be a Blu-ray player, so I've got the flexibility to be able to use it for that as well. If that's not a available at a reasonable price I can live with something that just plays all regions of dvd's over HDMI.

Don't really want to risk something coming and then having to do a remote hack on it. Ideally it will be ready to play stuff out of the box.

Any recommendations would be great thanks.

The remote hack is fine. Get a new player, then hack it for multi region DVD playback and if it kills the player send it back! Seriously though, Panasonic players can be hacked using a remote off eBay. I’ve done it several times, and there’s never been any problems.

Clem

The remote hack is fine. Get a new player, then hack it for multi region DVD playback and if it kills the player send it back! Seriously though, Panasonic players can be hacked using a remote off eBay. I’ve done it several times, and there’s never been any problems.

Clem
Ok great, got any Panasonic's you'd recommend?

UB450 is a good lump, the UB820 better, both 4K, but the MR DVD hack works with nearly all Panasonic machines.

Clem

Theres a Panasonic player multi-hack on ebay (just shy of £14). I bought this a few months ago for my Panasonic UB820 and it's absolutely spot on. Plays region one dvds no problem. Not sure about blu rays, but for dvds, it's faultless...

Theres a Panasonic player multi-hack on ebay (just shy of £14). I bought this a few months ago for my Panasonic UB820 and it's absolutely spot on. Plays region one dvds no problem. Not sure about blu rays, but for dvds, it's faultless...
Brill thanks. I may get myself a Panasonic Blu-ray player to do that.

Brill thanks. I may get myself a Panasonic Blu-ray player to do that.

Good call. As mentioned by someone else above, you can't go wrong with either the UB450 or the UB820. The latter has slightly better image capabilities, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

Great players & that multi-region contraption from Ebay really is excellent. Best of luck!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom