1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation for email- K700i?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by monks1975, Aug 5, 2005.

1. monks1975

monks1975
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm doing some research for a phone for my girlfriend and I need some advice on a decent phone for email. The main feature she is looking for apart from voice and sms is to send and receive email, or at the very least, receive some kind of notification that she has received one.

She has 2 accounts: a hotmail account and an account for university that is on an exchange server. Don't know if both (any?) of these can be accessed?

The main caveat in all this is that she wants to keep her number (orange network), and wants it to be pay as you go, so the best I could come up with is a Sony Ericsson K700i for about £130, which looks like a good model (iSync compatible being a bonus- she has an iBook) , but I absolutely know nothing about mobiles (more into computers...). Ideally I'd like to get her under £100...

Cheers,

Jon

2. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    On the price side of things, my Wife just got the K700i on Orange PAYG from The Link for £89 and it came with a free Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset.