Recommendation for best 65" to use with Sonos Playbase

pacificdragon

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I'm looking to upgrade my home entertainment system and I've been sucked into the Sonos eco system.

I currently have the playbase and 2 Sonos 1's.

I'm hoping to upgrade my tv to either an OLED or QLED 65" that will sit on top of the playbase, my budget ideally would be no more than £2k. I've been leaning towards the Samsung QE65 Q7 or Q8 which has the t bar stand but will over hang the playbase. Also the Q7 Q8 have the Samsung 1 connect box.

Does anyone have this set up or is the tv too unstable on top? Is there another tv anyone would recommend.

Thank you so much in advance.

This may help you decide between OLED and LCD: LCD versus OLED

Generally the decision can be made by considering a few factors:

OLEDs are needed if you require decent viewing angles. LCD TVs are not suitable for this.
OLEDs provide a bigger all-round gain in picture quality whilst higher end LCDs tend to shine more and match the OLEDs with HDR material.
You should also consider OLED Burn In Risk

Just so you know I wouldn't compare the likes of the Samsung Q8FN and Q7FN to a TV like the LG B8 or similar. If you are looking for an LCD with good HDR you need the Q8DN or Q9FN.

To be able to help more with which tech sounds the best for you, we would need some detail on how you use the TV, its viewing environment, your sources etc.

Does anyone have this set up or is the tv too unstable on top? Is there another tv anyone would recommend.
I think the chances of finding someone with the exact same setup of you will be thin but if you find the base that comes with the TV doesn't work with your soundbar you can always buy a new stand for the TV. Universal stands are available online from amazon/ebay, tend not to cost much and you can get stands that range from kind that sit on existing furniture to those that are integrated into new furniture or those that sit from the floor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom