Recommendation for a small commercial AV system

mpt1123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello:
I need to build a system for the local Museum that will play music during the day via wireless speakers and support a wireless microphone in the evening during presentations. Eventually they may want to expand to include a projector or some sort.

I'm thinking of an AV receiver of some sort that can support multiple USB inputs. The USB inputs would likely be a CD player (do people still use CD's ?) and a flash drive that contains music. An internet connection would be nice so that they can subscribe to something like Sirius for music.

I'd prefer to use wireless speakers since wiring would be an issue. That would mean the AV receiver would need to support bluetooth (unless there is some other protocol available).

Bluetooth connectivity for a projector and microphone would be nice too. Less wires is always a good thing.

An all-in-one system would be great but piecing a system together using different manufacturers is fine too.

Since multiple people will be using it, I don't want to make it too complicated of a setup.

Any recommendations for a Receiver, wireless speakers, microphone setup is greatly recommended.
Thank You.

That sounds like a horribly complicated way of doing something quite simple.

Bluetooth to speakers is likely to be unreliable and will have too much latency for a radio mic. Even 5ms is detectable and makes things very hard for the presenter.

Audio source would be better from a dedicated playback file containing licence paid music so you don't need ppl and prs licences. There's plenty of sources for this and plenty of playback options, including media players that will take a flash drive and cd.

Wiring the speakers would be a better option. You will need to get power to them, so a cable run will be required in any case. 100v line can use cables as thin as 0.75mm as the current is lower and you will get a much wider range of commercial speakers which are likely to last much longer.

Run these from a commercial 100v mixer amplifier and levels can be set independently. An audio feed from the projector can be added easily at a later date.

Agreed. Commercial systems are totally different to residential.

Power drop over speaker cable is why they use 100v line to get looooooonnnnnggggg distances.

Commercial 100v mixers are usually mono and have mic inputs and over-rides.

Talk to Leisuretec in Leighton Buzzard, they are trade commercial pa / entertainment distributors.

Ok, you're in the USA.

Same concept and tech, but you'll need to find a USA based distributor / manufacturer. TOA may be a good place to start. They should be able to design and supply as they make almost everything you'll need.

Also i think you guys use 70v line rather than 100v. (Happy to be corrected)

Ok, you're in the USA.

Same concept and tech, but you'll need to find a USA based distributor / manufacturer. TOA may be a good place to start. They should be able to design and supply as they make almost everything you'll need.

Also i think you guys use 70v line rather than 100v. (Happy to be corrected)
Good catch on the location. You can treat 70v the same as 100v

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom