• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendation for a receiver please..

Andrew K

Banned
Take a look at the Onkyo range of amps but as a partner for the 3005SE's I would personally be looking higher up the range than the SR606 and go towards the SR876 if you can stretch that far.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
As Quantum states, an Onkyo 606 or Yamaha 763/863 will drive them, but they can sound far better on the end of an Onkyo 806/876 or Yamaha 1800/1900.

Paulus360

Standard Member
Hi
I've just bought a set of 3005se myself to go with my Onkyo 605. I was very impressed with the improvement over my MS Alumnis until the dealer brought out the Pioneer VSX-LX51. I was blown away. So I bought that too.:) The 606 is very similar to the 605 and in my opinion isn't good enough for the KEFs. The Pio costs double that of the 606 but I think its well worth it. :smashin:
Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom