• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommendation for a new laptop HD

2sly

Established Member
My laptop's (running windows vista) internal HD has died! It was a seagate one. Need to replace the HD and re install windows.

Can anyone recommend me a good reliable HD for laptops? Not sure what kind of HD I need as I know you can get many kinds.

Thanks for your help in advance. :thumbsup:

brookheather

Distinguished Member
I would recommend the Seagate Momentus 5400.6 range - you are looking at £30-£40 for the 250GB or 320GB models. I recommend these over the Western Digital equivalent drives because they produce less vibration. There is a noticeable decrease in vibration when using the Seagate 320GB drive compared with the WD3200BEVT drive.

I bought my drive from here because they had it in stock - if you get free P&P with Scan then they may be slightly cheaper.

https://www.pricelover.com/search/?searchTerm=seagate 5400.6

- Simon.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom