Recommendation for 4K blue-ray player

mr2000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have LG Oled CX and Denon avr 2700 with 5.1.2 setup. I mainly used it for watching 4K movies from Netflix. To get full advantage on home theater I’ll get a 4K blue-ray player. Many would probably recommend Panasonic 820 but my argument is that I don’t need hdr10+ or HDR Optimizer because my TV does not support hdr10+ and the picture quality is great even without the optimizer? I only need a player with good picture quality and supports for atmos and DTS:x, nothing else. So I’m thinking between Sony 700 and Panasonic 450 that both are less than half the price of Panasonic 820. What are your thoughts?

Panasonic UB450 would be my choice. I have a couple of their older models and they've been flawless. No issues at all.

I have the UB820 and an older Samsung 4k player (I guess 5 years old). I tried them box on my c9 oled. The hcx processor in the UB820 made a great deal of difference compared to the Samsung. I don't know how the UB450 compares, but I had personally assumed all players were the same until I saw the difference with my own a/b testing between them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom