Recommendation for 32" sub-£500 TV for second room

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by brantome, Feb 5, 2014.

1. brantome

brantome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

It's ages since I've been on the forums and in touch with what's out there. As I'm assumed to know about such things (I'm known in the family for only buying things with a plug ;)), my nephew has asked me for advice on what 32" TV to buy for use in their second family room.
    He's got Virginmedia (and an Apple TV) at the moment although I'm not too sure whether he'll use a second lead to drive the new TV. If he does, I presume he'll not fully exploit any smart TV features as the cable feed will provide some of those like iPlayer etc (tbh, that's my own thinking when I buy my next TV - I'd be looking for little more than a good monitor and driving it from my Tivo, Ipad/Apple TV etc).
    On the other hand, if he doesn't feed it from cable, he may find the inbuilt TV facilities useful - guess I should ask him!
    So, what current (or recent) models should I investigate? Some reviews, for example, would suggest the Panasonic Viera TX-L32E6B, but others criticise its SD performance. Are Sony, Samsung (he's got a Galaxy S4 phone that might fit better with a Samsung TV maybe?) other manufacturers to check out?

Thanks