Question Recommendation for 2-channel power amplifier for Denon X3700H 7.2.2 to 7.2.4

Geordie Amanda

Standard Member
Crikey! I figured it was worth about £250, maybe I should stay quiet about HLG :laugh: Mind you the shipping will probably add a bit. Thanks for the research :)👃

Mack errol

Sorry for yet another member jumping on this band wagon...

I’ve the Denon 4300 running the following
LRC = Kef R500/R200C
Surrounds = 4x Kef T301’s
Atmos = 2x Ci200QR

After giving it a lot of thought and some research on here ideally rather than the expense of a new receiver (and battling with the wife)I’m thinking to add an amplifier to the 4300 so I can install another pair of Ci200QR’s.

Can anyone recommend a decent amplifier? Am
thinking a 3 or 5 channel to really take the pressure off my receiver as I was made aware when I upgraded to the R series that the 4300 wouldn’t really give them the power they deserve to drive them properly.

2 Channel @£549

5 channel @£699

Are either of the above worth considering or am
I spending more than is needed?

Or should I bite the bullet and sell my spare receiver Denon x1100w , the x4300 and my numerous older Kef speakers that are just gathering dust and put it towards a better receiver or processor /amp combo.

Appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

D

Deleted member 39241

Sorry for yet another member jumping on this band wagon...

I’ve the Denon 4300 running the following
LRC = Kef R500/R200C
Surrounds = 4x Kef T301’s
Atmos = 2x Ci200QR

After giving it a lot of thought and some research on here ideally rather than the expense of a new receiver (and battling with the wife)I’m thinking to add an amplifier to the 4300 so I can install another pair of Ci200QR’s.

Can anyone recommend a decent amplifier? Am
thinking a 3 or 5 channel to really take the pressure off my receiver as I was made aware when I upgraded to the R series that the 4300 wouldn’t really give them the power they deserve to drive them properly.

2 Channel @£549

5 channel @£699

Are either of the above worth considering or am
I spending more than is needed?

Or should I bite the bullet and sell my spare receiver Denon x1100w , the x4300 and my numerous older Kef speakers that are just gathering dust and put it towards a better receiver or processor /amp combo.

Appreciate any advice you guys can give me.
Hi, are you happy with how things sound generally at the moment, but would prefer more volume? In which case, a power amp might help.

Or, do you feel that the sound is lacking in general, in which case a different AVR / pre-amp might be the answer.

Do you use the system for 2 channel music, or just movies / tv?

There aren't many bargains around at the moment, the Arcam AVR390 being sold at a discount by Peter Tyson is the only one I am aware of. But, that does mean it is a good to time to sell your current equipment, as used prices are unusually high.

Mack errol

Hi, are you happy with how things sound generally at the moment, but would prefer more volume? In which case, a power amp might help.

Or, do you feel that the sound is lacking in general, in which case a different AVR / pre-amp might be the answer.

Do you use the system for 2 channel music, or just movies / tv?

There aren't many bargains around at the moment, the Arcam AVR390 being sold at a discount by Peter Tyson is the only one I am aware of. But, that does mean it is a good to time to sell your current equipment, as used prices are unusually high.
Hi Rambles,

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I don’t think I’m after more volume as we don’t watch it at ear destroying levels , when daughter is watching with us around -42.5 to -45 when it’s just the wife and I -50 to -52.5 would probably be the average, higher when I’m on my own watching or playing certain scenes.
I’m pretty impressed with how having atmos speakers sounds (especially on certain films )
and want to install another pair but as you know the 4300 only amplifies 9 channels but can process 11.
So I want to run 11 speakers and also take the strain off the the receiver to hopefully get more presence/quality out of my Kefs as I know the R series needs power to sound their best and diluting my receiver down for 9 speakers at the moment I know I won’t be getting that.

100% movies no music at all.

thanks

Mack

D

Deleted member 39241

Okay, the Emotiva one may be suitable, I use this one for my 2 atmos speakers, very good value, and works very well:

DodgeTheViper

Hi Rambles,

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

I don’t think I’m after more volume as we don’t watch it at ear destroying levels , when daughter is watching with us around -42.5 to -45 when it’s just the wife and I -50 to -52.5 would probably be the average, higher when I’m on my own watching or playing certain scenes.
I’m pretty impressed with how having atmos speakers sounds (especially on certain films )
and want to install another pair but as you know the 4300 only amplifies 9 channels but can process 11.
So I want to run 11 speakers and also take the strain off the the receiver to hopefully get more presence/quality out of my Kefs as I know the R series needs power to sound their best and diluting my receiver down for 9 speakers at the moment I know I won’t be getting that.

100% movies no music at all.

thanks

Mack
I’d opt for a Emotiva as you’ve been looking at them already. Fantastic Warranty support and will have a very clean look.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom