recommend touch screen remote

Baron Von Doom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
im after a touch screen remote. i like the look of the pronto ru950 but its a little expensive. is there anything simular or other makes that i should look at.
i really want to spend around £100.
is the ru950 recommended and would it be worth saving the extra money.
could anyone recommend a supplier.
was considering a second hand ru940 but think the 950 looks a lot better.

Hi coombes123

for £69.99 from richersounds you could get the one for all mosaic.
its a backlit touch screen remote.
its not cutting edge by any means but its more than functional and can programme macros.

thanks for the reply. my brother had a mosiac and i didnt realy get on with it. i found it a bit tricky as i have big fingers and didnt realy like the stylus.

yeah i have one aswell mate,and i just find it like a brick with a screen.
if your budget could jump £30 - £40 though you could treat yourself to a logitech harmony 855,this is a pure class act of a remote ,colour screen,internet upgradable the lot.
go on treat yourself,its xmas after all :cool:

i might try and have a look atone. it doesnt look to bad although i would prefer a larger touch screen like the ru950. might have to save some more

just been looking at the harmony on the website. i quite like he look of it and they list my equipment. has any one got one, have you had any problems, anymore recommendations

does the harmony actually have a "Touch" screen?
I thought it was just a colour screen with hard buttons along the side?

The Logiteh harmony remotes are superb. I sell remotes from Marantz and philips but when we got the Harmony 885 remote in I took one home and it's still there. It is ridiculously easy to program and if you go to www.remotecentral.com you can download channel logos in colour. To sum up I would say that if you know what your doing and have loads of time to perfect your remote the pronto/marantz remotes are great but for most people the Logitech is probably the better choice.

does anyone know any suppliers who stock these in the south (sussex, brighton area.)?
is there anything else i should consider. would it be worth saving the extra for a pronto

They have them in the comet in eastbourne, but I don't know if they are likely to demo, and they are VERY expensive compared to online. (£180 compared to the cheapest which I have found which were £135 delivered).

with out a shadow of doubt the harmony 885! i got mine from dabs for £135 delivered, i have had a few remotes, the cambridge audio, then a marantz and now this, i much prefer the hard buttons as opposed to touch screen. also you have a screen with 8 buttons on the side which you can ptogramme to your liking

For the Harmony take a test drive on their website (logitech harmony website) You can try it out as if for real with all your equipment programmed into it.

when i click test drive it asks for all equipment details then says you may now order remote. is this all the test drive does?

I've got to admit, from what I have read on this forum so far, I am very quickly running out of reasons to justify spending almost £400 on a Philips Pronto, rather than £135 on a Harmony.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom