• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend Stands for B&W 686's - Thinking of B&W FS700, worth £200?

Simba

Distinguished Member
HI folks,

Im in the 'what speaker stands to get' phase at the moment - Thinking of the FS700's as they look kick ass in silver. Only gripe is that there £200, are they worth it ? - they are the best stands iv seen and at the moment nothing compares even close so im willing to pay that cos i want killer stands.

To bump me back down to reality and before i empty a pocket of £££ are there any comparable stands that could sway me away from the fs700's??

thanks all,

simba :rolleyes:

Simba

Distinguished Member
Anyone?

Timbo21

HI folks,

Im in the 'what speaker stands to get' phase at the moment - Thinking of the FS700's as they look kick ass in silver. Only gripe is that there £200, are they worth it ? - they are the best stands iv seen and at the moment nothing compares even close so im willing to pay that cos i want killer stands.

To bump me back down to reality and before i empty a pocket of £££ are there any comparable stands that could sway me away from the fs700's??

thanks all,

simba :rolleyes:

It is not a good way to spend your cash (IMO) by buying a pair of £279 speakers and then stands costing £200. The FS700's are nice, but too much for the 686's.

You can't go wrong with a pair of Atacam Nexus 6's for about £60, see here

They do look very nice and are a more appropriately priced stand for the 686. They can be filled with sand to improve performance as well.

thfcwestlower

I was going to say exactly the same thing as the poster above.

You will be paying for style over sonic substance by splashing £200 out on stands for £280 speakers.

I too would recommend Atacama's.

Simba

Distinguished Member
I came to my senses and got pair of Partington Super Dreadnoughts in black with atabites...got em off ebay for £95...dont think thats too bad:

simba

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom