Recommend speaker set up for REL Storm/DSP-e800, please?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Pulse-8, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Pulse-8

Pulse-8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for previous advice. Any suggestions for speaker set up to compliment REL Storm, DSP-E800 & Toshiba 56" rear projection. Decided my Mission cinema 6 set up will be inadequate. Will keep sub though as a second sub.
    I ask you because I will get "blown up" in this minefield of speakers and dont want to be ripped off in a shop. This is very new to me.
    Do I take room size into consideration when choosing? Mine is 12'X8'. Thanx.

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have a look at Dynaudio's Audience range. Mix and match 42, 42C, 42W, 52 and 122C. Dynaudio are a highly respected Danish company who manufacture world class drivers used by many high-end speaker companies. They are not cheap however.

Your room is fairly small and the rear ported 42's and 52's might be a bit bass heavy if positioned too close to the walls. The 42W is front ported and is designed to be used close to a wall. They won't appreciate weedy amplification - you don't say what your main amp is, although your E800 should be fine.