Question Recommend reasonably price 2 XLR cable please

indus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm after a pair of 0.5m XLR cables. Anything I can find with a name I recognise (ie Chord, QED etc) is over £100 and I don't want to spend that much.

I don't want to open the cable can of worms but I also don't feel comfortable buying 'cheap unbranded' stuff from Amazon. The cables will connect a good quality dac to a good quality preamp so happy to pay a few quid for it.

Happy to spend about £30.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Mark Grant (Cables) is always worth a visit - XLR Cables - Mark Grant

Joe

Thanks.
I have some of his balanced cables already as it goes. The 1m ones on his website are listed at £50 which is a bit more than I wanted to pay.
I'll contact him and see if he can knock a bit off for 0.5m but I suspect not as the labour and material cost will be very similar.

Cheers

Van Damme are quite a bit cheaper - Standard mic cables Neutrik male XLR NC3MXX to female XLR NC3FXX 0.5m | VDC Trading

Never had a problem with any of their cables and I have probably over 1000 of them at work. The industry standard!

Thank you, that's the sort of price I wanted to pay.
Excuse my ignorance but it says 'standard mic cable'. I assume its exactly the same as the stamdard balanced connections to go from my dac to my preamp?

Cheers

PS. Is this the same cable? It's a couple of quid cheaper and free delivery with prime.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00APFEEZW/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr3_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518363546&sr=8-1-fkmr3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=van+damme+0.5m+xlr&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
yep, looks the same!.

Mic cable is entirely suitable for all signal usage, as it is low self noise and low capacitance.

yep, looks the same!.

Mic cable is entirely suitable for all signal usage, as it is low self noise and low capacitance.

Thanks. Have ordered a pair:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom