Recommend professional installer and best ceiling mount for 4805?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by steveJO, Nov 3, 2005.

1. steveJO

steveJO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been using my 4805 sitting on the coffee table for months (and loving it) but would like to get it ceiling mounted.

Can anyone recommend a professional installer? I live in the Malvern / Worcester area.

I would do it myself but with a young family and busy work life I just don't have the time. I'd also prefer to have an electrician handle the electrical aspects, including removing the existing ceiling light and fitting wall lights.

My second question is can anyone recommend a ceiling mount? Are the machine specific mounts (e.g. for 4805) better than universal? I've been tending toward universal in case I later want to upgrage the projector.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Steve.

2. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Since i am in Turkey, i cant advise you ont the professional insaller subject, but i am using a vogel mount which works great with my X1 which has practically the same box as your 4805
    cheers

3. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
  4. steveJO

steveJO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both of you for the suugestions. That really is a cheap mount; amazing.

Cheers,
    Steve.

5. bikersteve

bikersteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

just picked up on this thread and am in same position as you were - am looking to ceiling mount my 4805, but will definately DIY. What mount did you use in the end ?

(Biker)Steve

6. steveJO

steveJO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

In the end I bought a Vogel's Universal EPC4010 and I'm very pleased with it. I got it from a place in Germany via ebay at a pretty good discount. The store is here:

http://search.stores.ebay.de/TSN-Versand_Vogels_W0QQftsZ2QQsaselZ17200367QQsatitleZVogelQ27sQQsofpZ0

However the guy told me that he was going to have to raise his prices due to pressure from his supplier.

For installation I found a local electrician who did a really good job (inlcuding fitting new wall lights to replace a ceiling light), although I did all the measuring up of where to site the projector to get it central and correct screen size.

Good luck!