1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rayan, Jun 7, 2003.

1. rayan

rayan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 5300 DVD play.
    now I want to buy a pair of frontspeaks and one AV amp in 600 pound.
    Help!
    thk.

2. EV@

EV@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You say you want an Amp with just front speakers for around £600. Will you be buying front and rear speakers later?
    You got £600 for that you could spend £300 for the amp and speakers or get a better amp and spend £400?
    Have you got a Richer sounds store near you? If so check out the Marantz SR5300 £299, Marantz SR4300 £240, Yamaha DSP-AX630 £249-£299, Yamaha are replacing there #30 models with #40 but I still think the 630 is a good buy especialy if you can get it at £249. For £400 then try a Sony STRDB1080 for its price I think its one of the best amps around
    As for Speakers do you want floorstanders or bookshelf type
    Some Richer sounds stores have Mission 773e flrstndrs for £179, Mission 771e are nice small bookshelf speakers more widly avaible at £79. Morduant short 902 signature £199. All these are from Richer Sounds go there see what they get but becarfull of there advice it best to come back here for it. And try to demo the amp and speakers together first.

I also like my Wharfdale Pacific Pi-30's for £149-£249 depending on finish and availibilty at HyperFi (adverts are in the back of What HiFi) but you can't audition when buying mail order. The Pi-30's are very big floorstanders! And are absolute stormers for movie's giving a very powerful sound.

Evo