Recommend new AVR

adam81

Established Member
Reaction score
My old Onkyo 607 appears to have gone pop yesterday evening. The on unit display had long since failed (I was living with that). Now it appears no video output at all.

So thinking I might as well get a 4K complaint unit. Currently I have a 720p projector and 720p TV plugged into the current AVR with a chinese HDMI splitter. This was working fine.

I was considering a new projector anyway, so know have the option of a faux 4K projector rather than just 1080p, but that's a different thread.
In the AVR I am looking for 5.1 only, then potentially 2 HDMI outputs. Don't need any wireless stuff, as use squeezebox for all of that.

I'm concerned if I plug a 4K projector and the 720p TV into a splitter I'll get EDID/Handshake issues. My hope is a 2 HDMI OP machine will be able to send separate EDIDs from each plug.

Happy to go 2nd hand in reality. The 607 lasted me 12 years or so. Budget wise would hope to get it less than £300 for a new model.
Thanks

Hi adam81,
I'm concerned if I plug a 4K projector and the 720p TV into a splitter I'll get EDID/Handshake issues. My hope is a 2 HDMI OP machine will be able to send separate EDIDs from each plug.
as a rule, HDMI splitters output the same resolution at both outputs.
I myself use the U.T.E. UH-2VE (uh-2ve - Google Search) which I bought from a German online shop (https://kvm-switch.de/de/uh-2ve.html).
It can "only" downscale to 1080p, but for my application it is exactly what I was looking for.
IN: 4K Apple TV 4K; OUT1: 4K TV and OUT2: 1080p projector.
Best regards
Bernd

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom