Recommend me some new headphones :)

BandofBrothers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I use my headphones pretty much all the time, as I like the sound from them (I actually prefer it even over my logitech z-5500) surround sound lol.

(I know Im mad, but I have always liked headphones)

Anyway, I have just been using my Sennheiser PC1XXX whatever the model number is (cost me around £40 with built in mic)

I just have them plugged into the side of my hdtv (Sony KDFE50A12) but now they are being a bit flakey as the sound keeps disappearing in the right ear. It is either a twisted\broken cable, or the volume control bit half way down the lead causing the problem.

I suspect the latter, because if I squeeze the volume control wheel into the socket really hard, the sound comes back how it should.

So, maybe time to retire these?

What headphones are there (ear warmer style) i like the padded ones that cover your ears, possibly sticking with sennheiser, but are there any with proper TANGLE free thicker chords, or even better, fully replacable chords.

I am sick of the mega thin cables and tacky control boxes breaking.

Ideally I want a pair that will LAST, and I can add a new cable to if\when needed.

Thanks guys:thumbsup: :)

Beyerdynamic DT990 are almost half price at Superfi at the moment and sound great. The cord is pretty thick although not immediately replaceable and they come recommended by everyone who's heard them. :)

Just checked and their website seems to be down at the moment though. www.superfi.co.uk

What will they be used for (Games/Movies/Music?) and what is your Budget?

If for Gaming/Movies perhaps a pair of Beyers like eviljohn2 has mentioned but I would say the DT770/80 Pros might be better if they will be used for Gaming as well as Music.

yeah just for gaming and movies (both running through my xbox 360, with the headphones plugged straight into the side of my tv)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom