Recommend me some music

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I dont normally do these types of threads as I find music is a very personal thing & it's near impossible to tell someone else what they'll like but I do need some really urgent advice...

Having re-watched Devils Rejects last night & realising that the soundtrack is by far & away one of the best of the last few years I went out & bought it :D :D

Anyway what I want is some recommendations for artists that make a similair kind of music, preferably with tracks on something like iTunes so I can try before I buy so to speak.

If your not sure what type of music is on the Rejects soundtrack 2 tracks off the top of my head are...

Lynard Skynard - Freebird
David Essex - Rock on

So any similair artists (or even those artists) albums that are worth a look would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Neil

My favourite sacd is gaucho by steely dan. The sound on my surround speakers is incredible, and everyone who has heard it agrees. Good luck with your search and your suggestions are right up my street

Thanks for that link mindcrime :thumbsup:

Just started adding some Rainbow, Rush & Uriah Heep to my shopping basket over on iTunes along with some Deep Purple & Doors...I can see this getting pretty expensive :( :(

Neil

Soundwave said:
Thanks for that link mindcrime :thumbsup:

Just started adding some Rainbow, Rush & Uriah Heep to my shopping basket over on iTunes along with some Deep Purple & Doors...I can see this getting pretty expensive :( :(

Neil

rush, top top top band :smashin:
p.s early stuff anyway :)

As you have picked out some southern rock then naturally:

Allman Brothers (Eat a peach) and Creedence Clearwater Revival (willy and the poor boys), but also take a listen to Bad Company(straight shooter), The Who(Whos Next), Free (Fire and Water) and ZZ top (early stuff was very laid back blues not the later, heavier stuff). Got to give Fleetwood Mac(Rumours) and the Eagles (Greatest Hits or Hotel California) a look. Maybe Wishbone Ash (Argus), Thin Lizzy (Jailbreak or Johnny the Fox).

Should be enough to get started. I have deliberately stuck to a theme which is more or less Southern Rock bar some Blues, but all have the same sort of vibe as Skynyrd.

The Clash - the Singles.

The Who - Then and Now.

Muse - Black holes and Revelations.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom