Recommend me some good Zombie films

Damo121

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have got the uncut Fleash eaters DVD already.

Cheers

Damo:)

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Shaun of the Dead
28 Days Later
I also enjoyed Resident Evil but many didn't.

Romero's quadrilogy
Shaun of The Dead
Return of The Living Dead

Stink of Flesh
Undead (Hillarious Ozzie movie)
Re-animator
Bride of Re-animator
Beyond Re-animator
Junk (Jap)
Stacy (Jap)
Versus (Jap)
Bio Zombie (Jap)
Nightmare City
Braindead
Dead & Breakfast
Zombie Honeymoon
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Zombie Creeping Flesh
Zombie Lake

Think they should keep you busy for a while :)

Neil

imo land of the dead is bloody :)devil: ) marvellous, does'nt try and take itself seriously and has plenty of gore :cool:

evil dead 3......hilarious and a few zombies

Soundwave said:
Zombie Lake

:rotfl:
I was going to list this as a joke!

You are only joking...aren't you :confused:

I watched this in the early 80s when the video boom and 'vodeo nasties' was at it's peak and have to say even back then it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. French isn't it?

Dawn of the Dead (original)
Plague of the Zombies

I guess somebody has to stick up for the Resident Evil movies - flawed though they are.

As a big fan of the games i was maybe expecting too much - as they don't have the terror and 'feel' that Capcom injected into the games.

They are worth a look anyway though - and as long as you put your brain in neutral you might enjoy them !!

At least there are plenty of RE game references scattered throughout the films to spot - if you are a fan of the games that is.

Kevo said:
:rotfl:
I was going to list this as a joke!

You are only joking...aren't you :confused:

I watched this in the early 80s when the video boom and 'vodeo nasties' was at it's peak and have to say even back then it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. French isn't it?

Well TBH I havent seen it yet :oops: :oops:

It's in my pile to watch as I'd heard it was ok I just added to the list as I working on films off the top of my head while I was at work.

Guess it's one to strike from the list :D :D

Neil

Apart from the obvious Romero Dead Films I'd go for,

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

I really hope this new Re-Animator happens, especially with Bruce Abbott, Jeffrey Combs & Stuart Gordon back plus the addition of the great William H. Macy.

I read an interview with Macy recently and he seemed genuinely excited about it - he's just completed a film with Gordon which he seems to rate as one of the high points of his career and he was all for playing the president in the next Re-Animator film...they're just waiting for the money men to give them the green light.

Oh and to the OP, I'd second "Return of the Living Dead"...just make sure you go for the R1 DVD for some great extras.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I really enjoyed the recent "Land of the Dead" and remake of "Dawn of the Dead". Also "Shaun of the Dead" is very funny. Evil Dead trilogy is great (although not strictly speaking Zombies). Early Peter Jackson work of "Bad Taste" and "Braindead" are worth watching - if for something a little different to LOTR.

spencer_uk said:
....Early Peter Jackson work of "Bad Taste" and "Braindead" are worth watching - if for something a little different to LOTR.

a little?, Braindead is way out there. Makes LOTR look like a fairytale.

Very much enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake, it's better than the original imo.

Tejstar said:
Very much enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake, it's better than the original imo.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tejstar said:
Oooh controversial........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom