• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend Me DVDs With Excellent Picture Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmmm

I was just wondering, what DVDs do you guys usually use to 'benchmark' or to see how impressive it is in terms of picture quality?

I heard people mentioning LOTR, but isn't the long play of LOTR means the movie itself is compressed in order to fit the whole 3 hours?

So in DVDs (not Blurays), what do you guys usually use to test picture quality or to fine tune your TV/equipments? (so I am assuming this DVD should record correct colours to begin with).

There are lots of threads about this already.. but..

V For Vendetta
King Kong
POTC 1/2

I will add Stanley Kubrick Collection.. The Shining, which has a picture very close to HD.

djmmm

There are lots of threads about this already.. but..

V For Vendetta
King Kong
POTC 1/2

I will add Stanley Kubrick Collection.. The Shining, which has a picture very close to HD.

Really? I tried to find them but couldn't find them anywhere. Must be my crappy search skill.

I didn't know The Shining has a good PQ. For some reason I always associate old/classic movies to low contrast, low quality image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom